Addict: Hooked on something or someone.
- Gain Willpower when you get a "fix" of your addiction.
- If fail Willpower get a deraignment and go into withdrawal.
Analyst: You live by logic and have a goal of understanding everything
to uncover the truth.
- Gain Willpower when a rational scientific approach helps to solve a
- If fail Willpower get lost in details.
Architect: You build a better future, plans are what matters most
- Gain Willpower whenever you create or establish something of importance
or lasting value.
- If fail Willpower you retreat to plan something.
Autocrat: You want control and you take charge structuring events
around you in a build of rigid hierarchies and procedures. You think that
nobody has what it takes to lead and you step in to guide and direct.
- Gain Willpower if you construct a plan that others will follow.
- If fail Willpower you immediately try to take control over the situation
issuing orders and demeaning to be obeyed.
Bon Vivant: Since we only live once, you live to
party! You aren't averse to a little work or waiting, but you want to
have fun at the end of it all.
- Gain Willpower whenever you have a really good time and truly enjoy
what you're doing.
- If fail Willpower you must go and party, starting to drink, celebrate
or whatever you do to have fun.
Bravo: It is a tough world and nobody will look out for you except
yourself. You live by keeping the upper hand.
- Gain Willpower whenever you gain the upper hand in a long-running conflict
either through your personal strength or the accumulation of power.
- If fail Willpower you will resort to force to take control of the situation.
Bumpkin: You believe in the practical approach and common sense,
you distrust theory and ideology. Your life is grounded in rationality.
Self-taught mechanics, shrew country folk and sensible parents are a good
- Gain Willpower if you successful resolve a crisis by following procedures
set down by some established authority.
- If fail Willpower you will resort to the old ways much like a traditionalist.
Bureaucrat: Laws exist for a reason and your primary concern is
to follow them. You take comfort in established processes, confident that
they are the key to victory.
- Gain Willpower when a crisis is resolved by following correct procedures.
- If fail Willpower than you must fall back on the accepted procedures,
you want to find a law or procedure and make sure that it is obeyed.
Caregiver: You try to make a difference by helping
those around you and they depend on you for it. Your not blind to their
flaws, if anything that gives you more reasons to help them.
- Gain Willpower when you receive tangible proof that you have helped
- If fail Willpower you must turn to help those in your party immediately.
Celebrant: You have a love that drives you; be it a person, and
idea, or a cause. Passion is your strength, you love your chosen cause
so much that you will push beyond the limits that would stop others. You
truly enjoy and care about your work and inspire others to do so as well.
- Gain Willpower whenever you are able to get the group to party for a
- If fail Willpower you must start a party
Charmer: People like to be happy, and you're good at making people
happy. You know just what they need to hear in order to feel good, and
it gives you genuine pleasure to give them what they need. It may not
be the truth -- but deep down, who wouldn't rather be happy than right?
Child: You are immature and childish, you desire a simpler life
and for others to do things for you. You are unprepared to deal with the
world unless someone is holding your hand.
- Gain Willpower whenever someone looks after you like a parent; either
in care taking, planning or attitude.
- If fail Willpower you will immediately throw a tantrum and it will not
stop until someone takes care of you and your concerns.
Competitor: You strive to be the best that you can be. Life is
a challenge and you treat every event as a race or some sort of competition.
- Gain Willpower if win a contest that relates directly to the story.
- If fail Willpower you will immediately need to engage one of your fellow
characters in some sort of contest.
Confidant: Your world revolves around other people and the more
you know about what makes them tick the better. You may be someone who
listens well and gives advice or you may just collect secrets.
- Gain Willpower if you learn a significant piece of gossip.
- If you fail Willpower you have the urge to gossip and cannot stop until
someone engages you and you learn something new.
Conformist: Others have blazed a trail for you so there is no reason
to risk taking a different path. You aren't adverse to a little struggle
but you like to follow other plans and fit in with the group.
- Gain Willpower if the group acts together, in concert, in some task
that is important to the story.
- If you fail Willpower you suffer from a low-self esteem and refuse to
take any risks or any chances ,or do anything dangerous.
Conniver: Why break your back when you can get someone else to
do it for you. You advance your cause by coordinating your friend's efforts
and sowing dissent among your enemies.
- Gain Willpower when you trick someone into doing what you want.
- If fail Willpower you must try and con someone into doing something
that is not advantageous for them.
Critic: You find purpose in revealing weakness and faults, whether
in artwork, an organization or in a person's habits. you strive to perform
others by pointing out their shortcomings. You do this for their good,
whether they want your help or not. You can do your job too well, convincing
someone that he isn't just Flawed but worthless, perhaps driving away
even those closest to you.
- Gain Willpower when you point out a significant flaw that would have
been harmful had it been overlooked.
- If fail Willpower you start criticizing everything the group is doing.
Curmudgeon: Nothing is worthwhile, the old ways were the best ways.
The group needs to step back and reflect on life.
- Gain Willpower when the group or a significant member expresses disgust
at the current situation and wants to stick to a traditional method.
- If fail Willpower you must stop what you are doing and compare it to
traditional plans with the goal of doing it that way.
Cynic: You're grim, morbid and bitter
and you have just got
to share this with the rest of the universe. Your naysaying is the stuff
of legend and more often than not your pessimistic observations come true.
- Gain Willpower whenever someone screws up or something goes wrong like
you predicted it would, either out loud or in private to the Storyteller.
- If fail Willpower slip into and inactive depressive funk, paralyzed
by your own certainty that nothing comes out right.
Dabbler: It is best to have many irons in the fire. You want to
engage in doing a wide variety of things.
- Gain Willpower when the group barely finishes a task and jumps to another
one, or jumps to another task without finishing the current one.
- If fail Willpower you must immediately change your current task to another
Defender: You stand guard over that which you care for.
- Gain Willpower if successfully defend a group from attack.
- If fail Willpower you must stand and make a defense.
Deviant: You exist for no one's pleasure, but for your own, no
matter how twisted. You must come up with a desire or pleasure that is
not accepted by society and inform the Storyteller of it.
- Gain Willpower whenever you are able to indulge one of your pleasures.
- If fail Willpower then you must indulge in your twisted desire.
Director: You desire order and want to eliminate random chance
- Regain Willpower whenever your influence in the group causes them to
work together to achieve a goal.
- If fail Willpower you must take charge and start classifying things
and putting them in order.
Dreamer: You aspire to lofty heights and have great dreams and
- Gain Willpower whenever one of your major goals is accomplished, or
when you take time out to just day dream.
- If fail Willpower you enter a day dream, pretty dangerous to do in the
middle of combat.
Expert: You have passionately devoted your life
to excellence in a single field. Other people can be "well round,"
but you think that the hunter who chases two rabbits loses both. Only
through concentration can you hope to reach your full potential. (Indicate
what talent the expertise is associated with - Expert pilot, Expert Financier,
Expert Academic, etc.)
- Gain Willpower when you teach your chosen skill to someone or whenever
you make a particularly impressive showing with that ability.
- If fail Willpower you cannot resist any opportunity to show off your
prowess and want to find a way to do so now.
Explorer: The prospect of finding new places, people and things
gives your life meaning. Discoveries are your passion, and you devote
a great deal of time and effort to keeping up with current events. The
routine and commonplace bore you, and learning of someone else's discovery
Fills you with envy.
- Gain Willpower whenever you make a significant discovery.
- If fail Willpower you must leave the party to explore new areas or you
can take them with you, but you must go out and explore.
Fanatic: The cause is all that matters. You must
develop a cause that you share with the Storyteller. This cause can't
be a minor one.
- Gain Willpower if you accomplish a major step in reaching your goal.
- If fail Willpower you must turn from the task at had to perform one
that would let you reach your goal.
Follower: Leaders need followers, and you await your orders. Taking
charge isn't your style. It isn't in your nature to rebel. In fact, your
strength comes from your ability to cooperate with a variety of personalities
toward a common cause. Yet, while you might follow your commander into
a sun, you tend to lack the self-esteem to question such a suicidal act.
Gain Willpower if you help the team succeed be- cause you carry out your
assigned duty. Hedonist: Life is too important to waste, so have as good
a time as possible. You only go around once, after all. You don't mind
a little hard work as long as a good time awaits you at the end of it.
Pleasure is its own reward, and you pity those who take life too seriously
to realize this. Even so, your pursuit of a good time can take you too
- Gain Willpower whenever the team succeeds at a task because you carried
out your assigned duty.
- If fail Willpower you must ask for commands or a task and then perform
Gambler: You play the odds in all things.
- Gain Willpower if you win a major bet; not just one made with your bookie.
- If fail Willpower you must immediately make a bet.
Gallant: You seek to be the center of attention.
- Gain Willpower whenever you are rewarded as a hero who succeeded.
- If fail Willpower you must do something to take a major risk.
Hedonist: Life exists to be enjoyed. If that wasn't
so, why would we enjoy enjoyment so much? If we're all built to experience
pleasure, isn't seeking pleasure just common sense? Sure, it's possible
to go overboard - but as long as no one gets hurt, bring on the Garden
of Earthly Delights! Virtue.
- Gain Willpower when you have a truly good time (and bring others along
for the ride).
- If you fail Willpower you are unable to resist physical pleasures. (This
expenditure may not be necessary if the temptation has recognizably certain
and severe consequences.)
Hot Shot: How do you know what you can do until you try something
you think you can't do? Testing limits is the only way to discover your
own -- and the only way to push beyond them. You're never going to accept
being half your best, and if that means you have to crash sometimes --
well, that's the price of being alive.
- Gain Willpower when you survive a dangerous situation that you deliberately
- If you fail Willpower you are unable to resist indulging in an obviously
Foolhardy venture, especially if it has no direct bearing on your goals.
Innocent: Though you may be an adult you are stuck in a pre-teen
mindset of naiveté and reliance on others. You guileless nature
can be a boon among the world-weary, but it comes with a price. You're
little prepared to cope with seeing the dark side of the human soul; exposure
to human foibles can hurt you more than a laser shot.
- Gain Willpower whenever you substantially impress another character.
- If you fail Willpower you will engage in an immediate act to try and
impress your teammates, no matter what the cost.
Jester: The only sane defense is an insane universe
is to laugh at it all. Sorrow and pain are your enemies, and humor is
your weapon. You act the fool, the comic, to take others' minds off gloom
and despair. In your pursuit to spread smiles, you may cross the line,
distracting and irritating those whom you mean to entertain.
- Gain Willpower whenever you can lighten the mood or ease a tense situation.
- If fail Willpower you must crack a joke and get a smile from at least
someone, and keep trying until you do.
Judge: You seek to solve the problems of others by acting as a
mediator, arbitrator or even a friend. You pride yourself on your clear
judgment and ability to Find compromises. Conflict and dissent are abhorrent
to you; you know there is always an option to which everyone can agree.
Your greatest fear is that you may use poor judgment; thinking this way
can make you doubt even the most obvious of choices.
- Gain Willpower any time you lead others to an amicable resolution.
- If fail Willpower you must judge something of consequence.
Leader: You're meant to be in charge.
You excel at organizing, and others look to you for direction. You trust
your own judgment implicitly, and have no qualms about taking over a project
and shaping it the way you see fit. There are two ways to do a job: your
way and the wrong way. While you may be a master of direction, ignoring
others' suggestions could be your downfall.
- Gain Willpower when the group follows your commands, without argument.
- If fail Willpower you start becoming an autocrat; barking out orders
you expect to be obeyed.
Loner: You go your own way and strike out on your own.
- Gain Willpower whenever you leave the group and accomplish something
on your own.
- If fail Willpower you must leave the group to strike out on your own.
Martyr: You're ready to put yourself at risk so
that others or a cause succeeds, even when the sacrifice isn't necessary.
You drive yourself twice as hard as anyone else does, expecting no reward
other than recognition of your efforts. Despite this suffering, you endure,
clinging firmly to the belief that you make a difference. In your blind
desire to throw yourself into the breach, you could sacrifice yourself
- Gain Willpower whenever you sacrifice yourself or something of yours
to a higher goal.
- If fail Willpower you must make an immediate sacrifice of yourself,
your goods or something else.
Masochist: You revel in causing pain to yourself. You test your
limits each day.
- Gain Willpower if you are hurt by more than 2 health levels, either
in combat or self inflicted.
- If fail Willpower you must cause great pain to yourself causing the
loss of at least one health level.
Mediator: You always seek the middle way, you seek an agreement
- Gain Willpower if you make a deal between two or more groups that disagree
- If fail Willpower you must try to make a deal with your current competition.
Mentor: You try to teach and tutor others.
- Gain Willpower if you engage in successfully training someone.
- If you fail Willpower you engage in a lecture trying to teach those
Monster: You are grotesque, sociopathic
or just plain wrong. Even more extreme than Deviant, you subscribe to
your own inhuman moral code that affirms your strength over those weak
mewling masses of neutrals. You are not human--you are so much better
than them, a step above on the evolutionary scale and one the food chain.
- Gain Willpower whey you assert your dominance (usually violently) over
humanity as a society or as a species.
- If you fail Willpower you're likely to resort to extreme and vicious
acts just to prove your superiority. This Nature is common to serial killers
and high-taint Aberrants. Take this Nature only with careful advice from
Paragon: You know what's right and what's wrong,
and compromising with wrong when you're right is more wrong than just
being wrong in the First place. Right? You have a duty to yourself to
do good - but more than that, a duty to humanity. Of course, adhering
to a strict and inflexible standard of right and wrong can be difficult
and wearying even in the best of times.
- Gain Willpower when you accomplish a task by sticking to your enlightened
- If you fail Willpower you must do something to demonstrate the difference
between right and wrong to those around you.
Pedagogue: You save others through your knowledge.
- Gain Willpower whenever you teach someone something new.
- If fail Willpower you will attempt to teach someone, you allies or foes
Penitent: You seek to atone for past acts. You worry about major
mistakes you have made in your life.
- Gain Willpower if you confess of a misdeed.
- If fail Willpower you must make a confession to someone.
Perfectionist: Nothing is every good enough, you want things to
be just so and when they aren't you feel stymied.
- Gain Willpower whenever a complex plan you make succeeds.
- If fail Willpower you must change the current scene to fit your exacting
Rebel: You're the ultimate Free
thinker. Whether you champion a cause or simply feel contrary, you choose
your own path. Others are welcome to join your march to a different drummer,
but only if their beat matches yours. You defy authority in principle
and deed, even if you have similar views.
- Gain Willpower whenever you act to defy an established authority.
- If fail Willpower you must rebel against the current plan, even if it
Riddler: The truth is best obscured and covered.
- Gain Willpower when you hide the facts of a case.
- If you fail Willpower you must come up with a riddle and pose it to
Rogue: You have learned one important lesson out of life and that
is to look after number one, yourself. After all no one else is going
to give anything to you, everyone is trying to succeed and they will happily
do it on your back.
- Gain Willpower whenever you manage to gain something significant through
your self-centered nature.
- If fail Willpower you turn inward and selfish, you won't cooperate unless
you see a way for you to come out on top.
Scientist: Any problem can be solved with logic
- Gain Willpower when you successfully solve a problem through logic,
reasoning and or deduction.
- If fail Willpower you engage in a descriptive dialogue of the scene,
pin pointing all the details and narrating the events.
Skeptic: Science of the day is tearing down many long-held beliefs
regarding mankind, the world in which he lives and the cosmos as a whole.
Rules of creation are being thrown by the wayside in Favor of new "discoveries"
as Far-fetched as any old wives' tale. You don't see the point of abandoning
beliefs that have stood the test of time in favor of crazy new ideas slapped
together by some over-eager scientist.
- Gain Willpower when adherence to tried-and-true methods proves effective.
- If fail Willpower completely disregard any incidence of intuition, non-traditional
deduction or mysticism and prove the old-ways are the best.
Socialite: The social whirl is both a battlefield and a workshop,
you are not just a social climber, you revel in social events.
- Gain Willpower whenever you attend a major social advent and are recognized.
- If fail Willpower
Survivor: You can endure nearly any circumstance. No matter what
happens, you always persevere. Never say die and never give up ever. You
have no time for those who crumble at the first sign of adversity. In
fact, to be safe, you avoid forming close ties with others. You'll pull
through whatever the odds, even if it means sacrificing others. - - -
Gain Willpower whenever you survive a difficult situation through your
own cunning and perseverance.
- If fail Willpower you must sacrifice someone or something to survive
Thrill Seeker: You do things, not for the ends,
but for the rush that the means provides. Risk gives your life meaning,
and boredom is death. The stakes are never so high that they can't be
made higher. As long as there's a thrill in it, you're willing to pay
almost any price. Paybacks are a bitch, though, and you will get in over
your head sooner or later.
- Gain Willpower every time you put yourself in a life-threatening situation
and then escape it.
- If fail Willpower you must make an immediate gamble with someone's life
Traditionalist: You believe the solutions for today's problems
can be found by applying the methods of the past. Constant change destroys
instead of creates. You wrap yourself in tradition, resisting innovations
and breakthroughs. Not all change is bad, though; in holding too tightly
to old ways, you can miss something better.
- Gain Willpower when a tried-and-true method proves effective.
- If fail Willpower you must follow a specific and laid out plan.
Trickster: Laughter erases the pain. Practical jokes are made for
- Gain Willpower when you are able to pull a practical joke.
- If fail Willpower you will immediately try to pull a practical joke.
have a goal that only you can see, something to which you've dedicated
your life. You must establish this goal and inform the Storyteller about
it. You may be a spiritualist, philosopher or inventor, but whatever you
are, you search for something more. You create new possibilities by seeing
beyond the bounds of conventional imagination. Though you are full of
new ideas, your head is often among the stars.
- Gain Willpower whenever you take a concrete step toward realizing your
- You must try to take measures to reach your goal despite whatever resistance
you will meet (within reason of course).
has made contact with alien races and you're right there at the forefront
of the human efforts to establish a galactic community. While there's
nothing wrong with your species, the other ones are just so incredibly
fascinating. You're convinced that there is some way to establish a common
trans-sentient culture and much of your time is spent sublimating your
own identity in favor of something more "universal." Be warned,
though, that you run the risk of dissociation from humanity if you spend
too much time in total immersion in and alien culture.
- Gain Willpower when you manage to learn something new and critical about
an alien race, or whenever you have a meaningful dialogue with an alien
that furthers mutual understanding. Your achievement must be significant--learning
that the Qin like your music is not enough.
- If fail Willpower you attempt to learn something about an alien or at
least interact with them. Since the only local aliens are the Qin, on
the moon, or some Aberrants who probably want to kill you, take this Nature
only if you plan on dealing directly with aliens. Consult your Storyteller